Friday 17 April 2009

Profile of a UK Sperm Donor

If you are interested - please join in. I've been thinking about doing this post for the past six months - so please bear with me.

I'll post a short profile - and then please ask any question that you have - I know this site gets a lot of hits - so fire away and don't worry about the question - I promise to answer them all.

So a little about me.
  • I am married
  • I have a full-time professional job
  • I have two children
  • I am in the 35 to 40 age bracket
  • I am blonde, with grey/blue eyes, I am tall
  • Religion - I practise a little, but mostly private
  • I don't hold a grudge
  • I try to be a good, nice person, I have the patience of a saint, and often put others before myself

What more do you want to know?

2 comments:

Gil said...

I just wanted to congratulate you on your decision to become a sperm donor and kudos to your wife for accepting your decision. It's not easy to wrap one's brain around the ramifications of sperm donation but I think it's honourable that you have done / are doing this so that other couples can have families.

I speak from experience: my husband and I tried donor inseminations a couple of years ago (without success, unfortunately) and while we did get lucky with my husband's aspirated sperm, IVF+ICSI, and assisted hatching, I know that for us, selecting our sperm donors was an effort we made together. I applaud you for making this public and going out there to try to make a difference. Congratulations!

Do you mind if I post a link on my blog to this one? I'd be honoured to help publicise your cause!

Cheers from Canada's Capital!

Seed Monkey said...

Hello Gil,

Of course - please go ahead and post a link from your blog - there is was need to ask and it is very kind of you to have the courtesy. I will reciprocate of course.

To answer your questions - yes sperm donation, and the results/ramification of, are never far from my thoughts. I am lucky to be able to help. I hope that everything works out, in the shorter, and longer term for all those who area involved with my small contribution.

I was on your town for a few weeks a little while back with work. Definitely my favourite place for the people, cuisine, tall-buildings, ice-hockey, and beer! Though the traffic delays had something to be desired!

I will take my wife there one day :)

Congratulations on your Pregnancy - and I wish you and your husband, plus bump all the best for the future!