Thursday 6 January 2011

Lost Earnings Problem

The previous post was going to be my last - but I have to tell you about the latest lost-earnings problem.

The clinic decided that the maximum I could claim for Travel Expenses + Lost Earnings was £250. I ended up getting the HFEA involved, and I believe the clinic went through a lot of pain to clarify the rules and now they agree that reasonable expenses are unlimited and loss of earnings have a £250 cap.

I took holiday from work to make my second donation cycle, and the clinic then decided in their wisdom that as I took paid-holiday that they'd not pay me lost earnings. Now I don't know about you, but paid-holiday is when you go on holiday. If you work when you are on holiday then you are not on holiday, you are working.

A few bunfights later, the clinic accepted to pay for my 'lost' holiday - though it was rather silly.

Hopefully the next Sperm Donor that donate at the clinic I used won't have the same problem ...

No comments: