Monday 22 June 2009

Blood Test Agony

The clinic forgot to do a CVM for my second set of donations - so I received a blood-test pack in the post and took it to my local Doctors for them to draw the sample.

The nurse clearly wasn't concentrating - and must have poked a tendon as my left-arm has been in agony ever since - a mixture of 'electric shocks', burning pain, and freezing pain - and I can't put any weight on it or do anything more than lift a pencil.

I can't lift my children, or even hold their hands, and it is keeping me awake at night. I haven't tried driving - I am not sure if I'd be able to do this without pain.

I am not at all surprised as the nurse wasn't taking any notice on what she was doing and was just chatting away about goodness-knows what else rather than concentrate on what she was doing.

I am very annoyed - and can ill afford more time off work for a follow-up consultation.

No comments: