Sunday 28 June 2009

Handy Update

I went to see the doctor last week - and I got offered an emergency appointment that meant I was seen within the hour.

The doctor advised take Ibuprofen on a regular basis - avoid using the arm for any strenuous activity, and that is may taken up to 6 weeks for the problem to go away.

Up until today I've not been able to use the arm - and even just moving it a few mm's was agony.

Researching the condition - it seems it's fairly uncommon and I read some horror stories of nerve damage not repairing itself.

Today I feel it's starting to get a little better. The electric shocks/stabbing pains etc are reducing in intensity - although I will try to avoid using it till it's a lot more improved.

Hopefully my discomfort will result in something wonderful for another family.

4 comments:

Billy said...

Hope your arm gets better soon!

Seed Monkey said...

Thank you Billy.

It's been a little better since Tuesday. I think it may well recover - but I can't lift anything at the moment without the tendons complaining a lot!

Still lots of pins and needles and tomorrow I will try and get through the day without any pain relief.

Seed Monkey said...

Been off the meds since yesterday - and today I managed to mow the front and back garden.

The tendons are rather sore still - and I had a weird thing going on with my fingers this morning - but a definite improvement.

My youngest managed to dislocate his shoulder this afternoon - which not only was a whole world of pain for him but also disrupted my beer drinking plans.

The local GP popped it back into place - it went in with a little pop - and if was like pressing a 'normal' button - my youngest was restored to his happy little self in moments.

Billy said...

Glad to hear of the improvement!