Sunday 9 September 2007

Having a Moan

Just reading through the many, many procedures that are followed to whether one's health/sperm is up to scratch. I won't quote the detail here, as I don't want to burden, you the reader with the terms and conditions - suffice to say that of the 5 pages of the document, only pages 1,2,3,4, and 5 have reasons why Donor's are rejected.

Reading further elsewhere on the site - it seems that the maximum 'beer money' is £250 for the ten visits. What a stupid law, as according HMRC rates I'll be out of pocket simply on mileage - and stick a ton of miles on my already decrepit rust-bucket of a 14 year old car.

If clinics were as prevalent as GP offices - and lets face it the only extra that the GP Surgery would need is a subscription to a Mucky Monthly Periodical - then there would be clear justification to the limit of expenses.

It's quite clear what a cock-up the Government have made - and there is no wonder why there is a Donor Crisis - it's short-sightedness and poor legislation that's caused the problem in the first place.

My moan over with - I know how lucky we are to be in a position to consider donating - the buggers don't make it easy.

Let's cross the bridges when they come - the whole thing may not need worrying about if I'm rejected as a Donor.

Signing off for now,
A Grumpy Monkey

No comments: